- Triple redundancy to online, onsite and offsite locations is unparalleled
- Files secured in data centers worldwide
- Real-time continuous backup
- Customize backup sets
- Set your own backup schedules
Flexible data backup sets
With multiple backup sets, you can specify which files go to which locations and with what settings. Having multiple backup sets enables faster and more convenient restores because you can store very large files locally, so that you can restore them faster. Using backup sets also makes it easier manage available storage, as well as bandwidth and system resources.
Back up different files to different destinations:
For example, you can back up all your files locally to a nearby computer, AND back up your:
- Vacation photos to an offsite location, and back up important legal documents to an attached drive.
- Business files to computers on your network, and back up personal documents online to CrashPlan Central.
- Music library to your friend across town and back up wedding photos online to CrashPlan Central.
Use different backup settings:
You can also have backup sets with different schedules or different retention settings. For example, you can:
- Back up one set of files daily, and have another set back up only on weekends, after midnight.
- Back up all your wedding photos with a retention setting such that deleted files will never be removed, and have draft text files removed 30 days after deleting.
Of course, you can mix and match multiple destinations with different backup settings to fit even the most complex backup scenarios. You can even adjust the priority of individual backup sets and specify the order in which backups should occur.
Don't forget: As always, be sure to take advantage of CrashPlan's multi-destination backup for even greater protection: back up individual backup sets to multiple locations.